New year. New opportunities. New goals.
As you envision the possibilities for an amazing year ahead, you may find yourself considering resolutions, goals, and ways to bring about change or improvement in some aspect of your life. You may also be wondering how to make these resolutions and goals a habitual reality.
7 TIPS TO HELP YOU FORM HEALTHY HABITS THIS YEAR:
- Take ownership of your priorities. You are the only one who can prioritize your health, key relationships, and investment in time/energy. Treat your habits as non-negotiable and identify the daily actions that contribute to success. Write them down and start implementing them today. If it helps, add them to your calendar and prioritize them.
- Start small and focus on one habit at a time. It’s easier to build a new habit if you start with something manageable, rather than trying to overhaul your entire lifestyle at once. For example, if you want to start exercising regularly, try committing to just 10 minutes of exercise per day. As you get more comfortable with the habit, you can gradually increase the duration or intensity.
- Make the habit part of your daily routine. To help your new habit stick, it’s important to integrate it into your daily routine. For example, if you want to start drinking more water, always keep a water bottle with you and take a sip every hour. Making the habit a regular part of your daily routine will help you remember to do it.
- Use visual reminders. Place a sticky note on your bathroom mirror to remind yourself to floss or set a reminder on your phone to drink more water throughout the day. Seeing these reminders can help you remember to perform your new habit and make it easier to stay on track.
- Enlist the help of a friend or accountability partner. Having someone to support you and check in on your progress can help you stay motivated and on track. You can even make a friendly bet or challenge with your accountability partner to add some extra motivation.
- Join a supportive, health-conscious community. Having support from others who are also working on their health can be motivating and encourage you to stay on track with your own goals. A health-conscious community can also provide resources and information to help you learn about healthy habits and make informed choices about your health. Lastly, it can help create a sense of belonging and connection, which can be beneficial for your overall well-being.
- Celebrate your successes. Don’t forget to give yourself credit for the progress you’re making, no matter how small. Celebrating your successes, even if they’re small, can help keep you motivated and reinforce the new habit.
Your habits are crucial, as they can either support or hinder your success. By taking ownership of your priorities, starting small, making the habit part of your daily routine, using visual reminders, enlisting the help of a friend or accountability partner, joining a supportive, health-conscious community, celebrating your successes, and taking ownership of your priorities you can improve your chances of successfully forming healthy habits this year.
Join Our F3 Community
If you’re looking to join a supportive, health-conscious community, you’ve come to the right place. F3 Fit Flex Fly can help you reach your goals with a wide variety of top-of-the-line equipment, group fitness classes, personal training options, physical therapy, yoga, pilates, infrared studio, kid care, and more. Our team of dedicated professionals is committed to helping you achieve your best self. Plus, with flexible membership options, it’s never been easier to make fitness a part of your routine. Come see us today and let us help you make a lasting change.
Tags: new year, resolutions, exercise, Infrared, personal training, infrared yoga, health, mobility, flexibilty, yoga, pilates, stretching, healthy habits